Monday, July 9, 2012

Scenery

We had such a great relaxing vacation. For the most part we spent our time at our cabin in the mountains and it was such a great escape from both the city, and the heat!


Nothing like being surrounded by peace and quite, and beautiful scenery.













All of these pictures are from a little nature walk I took around the cabin. I didn't go far but saw so much just within the few steps away from the house. The first and last are pictures I took from our deck...where I was reading. It's just so pretty up there, and the temperature was a nice cool 80 degrees. Much better than the 102 degree temps we returned to in Atlanta. 

The rest of the time I was sitting on the deck (swinging or rocking) and reading through magazines. We ate out every night so we didn't have to cook, and tried not to really do anything that required too much effort. We took long drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We stopped in all the little shops we saw that looked interesting. We checked out other houses high on mountain tops. We even took our pup down to the river and he loved it. He's a small terrier and didn't like swimming but he loved chasing the minnows in the shallow parts. It was great! All in all we enjoyed a relaxing vacation. I only wish we could have stayed longer but life must go on and work must continue.

I hope all of you had a great holiday and hopefully got in some relaxing. After my week, I highly recommend it. 




Images: Me

Related Posts with Thumbnails