Monday, July 16, 2012

Motivation Comes In Waves

Motivation is my arch nemesis. We just haven't figured each other out entirely or how to work well with one another. It's just one of those things that I am learning about myself that my motivation comes in waves, and that I get into these ruts of mediocrity.


I always have such great internal dialogue with myself and visions of grandeur on getting things accomplished. Then, it just takes me forever to actually do it. My priorities have been a bit off and lately have been geared more towards relaxation and leisure.


Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with relaxation and leisure. It's just that these things are getting in the way of things I would like to accomplish. To sum it up....I am in my own way! I am the only thing holding back success and accomplishment. I fall back to the things that are comfortable and easy instead of putting myself out there and taking risks. Risk freaks me out. And really what I want isn't that huge of a risk....I am just thinking it is.


I need to figure out how to get through this little problem so I can be everything I think I can be. Sorry to step away from design today. I am designing my life right now. This has been a little post on self realization and accountability.

ouch...that actually hurts. But it's true!

Have you guys seen the recent GSD posts over at Mimi+Meg? Get over there if you haven't. Fabulous idea and I have loved both posted so far. Just reading about other people getting it together and accomplishing their dreams is very motivating. And they actually somewhat spell out how to do it. I have read a couple of things I would like to implement to make things a bit easier. Hopefully it will stick....though in all honesty I will probably need some more posts from her to really get kick started.

It's Monday! The perfect day to start something.
Have a great week :)




Images: All unsearchable quotes via Pinterest...sorry
Related Posts with Thumbnails