Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Color Forecast, Part 6

Blue is one of my favorite colors and I don't know if it's because I look good in the color, or if I just like how it mixes with everything else, but I seem to have it everywhere! My wardrobe is full of blue, my house has blues a teals, and I seem to always gravitate towards blue for other things as well.

As part of the 6th installment of this 2013 Color Forecast series....we take a look at blue.
Remember you can start from the beginning here, as well as link to parts 2 through 5.

So....blue










The forecast for blue is all about cerulean.

Cerulean Blue packs a punch as a new accent. Here you will see these rich hues including Cobalt and Lapis. Also, Denim, Deep Navy, and Indigo mix in through both matte and high-gloss finishes. 
To create full pallets, neutrals like Aged Stone and New England Shingle are added to bring a modern dimension to both spaces and ensembles. Unexpected red cast blues mix to create shadow and dimension.

Pretty, soft blue will be the look and a full mix of different shades will be seen in interiors. A more upscale look with shine and a cozy aesthetic will reign. There is an aquatic interlude, where foamy sea shades are moonlit and pale, and accented by ebony for contrast.
________________

So, are we ready for blue to head in this direction? Do we think we are already headed there? 
This is one where I just don't know...I have been trying to see if I have seen this rendition lately and think we might not be there yet. Thoughts?


Next Week we will discuss Red....any guesses on the direction that will go?


Images: Vogue India, Tate MuseumRichard DaviesTodd Romano, Veranda, DVF Fall/Winter 2011, Unknown, House Beautiful, Vogue







Related Posts with Thumbnails