Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Mind Dump

This past weekend we finally made it to the Picasso to Warhol exhibit at the High Museum here in Atlanta. Its been here for so long and next weekend is the last chance to view in Atlanta. My husband and I are loyal procrastinators when it comes to seeing exhibits and events. April 29th is your last chance so hurry if you haven't seen it.
It was great to see in person some of the pieces that I studied back in art history class. Even if you are not familiar with the pieces I would still highly recommend going. There were so many great pieces. These were some of my favorites.

Henri Matisse

Piet Mondrian

Piet Mondrian

Joan Miro

Jackson Pollack

Andy Warhol

Andy Warhol

On one of my recent shopping trips I saw this cool display at Club Monaco. Yeah nothing new to hang plates on the wall, but they were turned backwards which I had never seen before. It gave it a nice clean look.


Last weekend I got some indoor plants planted in the living room and dining room. Wish me luck that I can keep them alive! I have had the fiddle leaf fig for a couple of months and it isn't doing so hot. I have heard they may do that when you first get them since they don't like change. I am hoping mine won't drop anymore leaves and will grow more. I re-potted, fertilized, and moved it to a brighter spot. Hopefully this will work. Anyone have some tips? Anyone know if the leaves will come back where they have dropped?


This poor guy needs some help....but I haven't given up yet!


Sorry for the disappearance last week. Last week was a doozie. I had too much on my plate and so blogging was placed on the back burner.....of like a large commercial kitchen restaurant stove. (i.e. lots of burners) Hopefully this week will be better and I can do some serious catching up. I have heard so many bloggers and even friends and colleagues say that they are so busy right now. Isn't it crazy that all of this comes in waves?

Related Posts with Thumbnails