Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Color Forecast, Part 2

In case you missed it last week, I am posting a series (a mini series) about the color forecast for 2013. You can read more about the presentation I was at and where the information is coming from in Part 1.

Last week we looked at the 1st set of neutrals. I have been looking and I think the forecast will be true. I think we are even starting to see a warmer trend on neutrals now. It's not just about what you see but what will also be trending in fashion, decor fabrics, and accessories. It's what will be seen because it's what manufactures and designers will put out to be seen.

This week it's on to Green.......








The forecast for greens is really everything goes! Peacock and Teal will still be used and expand their influence even further, but muted greens such as olive, moss, and spruce will be heavily used as well. We see electric and bright greens fade from the forefront and pale mineral shades emerge to the top instead. The pale shades will also be used with unexpected accents like ruby and Cabernet.

How about green. Are you seeing things start to trend this way yet? I have to say green is my favorite color. I love the teal and peacock greens and am glad to see they might be sticking around. I am however sad that my fave bright chartreuse is not going to be as popular. Oh well, I will still love and use it.

Next Up: Orange




Images: House Beautiful, Elle, Unknown, Architectural Digest, Mary Howard Studio for Vera Wang, Architectural Digest, Unknown






Related Posts with Thumbnails