Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Color Theory

Color theory was one of my favorite classes in design school. I loved how colors would change as you used them in relation to other colors. Depending on how they were used it would create different feelings in a space.

Here are some of the basic (and not so basic) color schemes and examples of how they are used in spaces:

Analogous

Complementary

Split Complementary

Triadic

Rectangle

Square

I also remember having to as a class put together a Munsell color tree as one of our assignments for color theory. I had to do a green leaf. It was a beast of an assignment and I remember to this day how many paint chips I had to do to get enough to form my one leaf. I still have it though. Anyone else have to do this in school?





Images: Via Apartment Therapy, Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Magazine, Unknown, Windsor Smith, Studio ten 25, Via Apartment Therapy



Related Posts with Thumbnails