Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Modern Cabin

My husbands family has a cabin in the North Carolina mountains. It's the best place to disappear to and unwind. We try to drive up as often as possible.....but you know how it goes when you get busy.

As the weather starts to get colder and the snow starts to fall in the mountains it makes me want to escape there even more. Supposedly they are getting some snow now! I would love to be there instead of sitting in my cubicle.

Someday I would love to have a little A-frame cabin that we would add a modern twist too. Don't get me wrong, nothing is better than a rustic cabin in the woods with the traditional cabin look and feel......but don't you agree that streamlining the interior makes it all the more relaxing! Take a look......








I love the juxtaposition between the exposed wood and the clean lines of the furniture. Such a calm feeling space for a place where relaxation is on the agenda. Someday......




Images: Elle Decor, Elle Decor, Style At Home, Vogue Living, Carney Logan Burke Architects, Living Etc., Vogue Living
Related Posts with Thumbnails