Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Summer Survival Kit

I know I can't speak for everyone here, but its a scorcher outside. Here in Atlanta spring seemed to be around for a brief two weeks. We had amazing weather, and the bam....the heat wave hit. It's been in the mid to upper 90's for a couple of weeks now and I have been in my car a couple of times where the thermometer read 100 degrees! Looks like Summer is here.

In order to stay cool all summer long here are some of my standby must haves for beating the heat.


1. Cold Drinks
Nothing beats the heat like an ice cold drink. Sangria, Wine Spritzers, Mojitos, Sweet        Tea, and Margaritas are some of my favorites.

2. Breezy Dresses
I hate to sweat in pants when it's too hot out. A nice breezy dress definitely keeps me cooler.

3. Fans
On me at all times...especially when I sleep.

4. Shade Trees
It's always a good idea to step out of the sun for a bit. I constantly seek one out when I'm overheated.

5. Evian Spray
I go through so many cans of this during the summer....I'm addicted to spritzing my face.

6. Taking a Dip
There is no better way to beat the heat than to take a dip. In a pool, lake, the ocean....or if your really desperate, your tub :)

7. Ponytails
My long hair sometimes gets in the way...pulling it up cools me off almost immediately when it's hot.

8. Ice Pops/Sorbet
Mmmmmm. Nuff Said.

9. Water
Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to stay cool. I always drink tons more water during the summer.

10. A Cute Suit and Sunscreen (of course)
Get a bit of Vitamin D and look great while doing it.....then slap on tons of sunscreen (I get my tan from a bottle anyway).



What about you, have any must have ways to cool off?
Related Posts with Thumbnails