Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thanks! But How Did This Happen?

Earlier this week I got a sweet email from Sherry over at Design Indulgence telling me she had bestowed me with the Stylish Blogger Award. What???? That can't be right. If you could only see what I was wearing when I opened the email...let's just say. Not Stylish! Ha ha. (Sorry that's snowed in cabin fever talking). Thanks so much Sherry for thinking of me.



So, the gist is that I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and then nominate/pass this on to 7 other bloggers. Good, 7 is my lucky number so here goes.......

1. I am from Richmond, VA originally and grew up there till I went to College in Raleigh, NC. I studied Interior Design at Meredith College and then moved down to Atlanta for a job....still here to this day.

2. I used to be a ballet dancer. I danced at the Richmond Ballet from age 3 till age 20. I was a trainee with the company but it all ended when I fell in rehearsal and twisted my knee. After surgery I decided it would be better for me to go to college...long story. People still point out that I stand like a ballerina to this day!

3. I met my husband out at a bar here in Atlanta celebrating my birthday. He just so happened to be celebrating his birthday too! We are a day apart (well, 4 years and a day). We went on our 1st date the next weekend and have been together ever since.

4. My favorite food is chicken nuggets. Yep I have a pallet of a 4 year old. I love kid foods. My husband is a major foodie and this drives him crazy sometimes when all I'm in the mood for is chicken nuggets or grilled cheese. I do like adult food as well though.

5. I can sleep. And by sleep, I mean 12-14 hours at a time. I often enjoy 12 hours of sleep on weekends and then also take naps during the day....I don't get alot done.

6. I am having trouble adding color to my life. Our house is pretty neutral as well as my wardrobe. If you see me wearing something colorful it's because I have borrowed it from my sister. I tried really hard after Christmas to get some color into my daily wardrobe. Good sales had me buying tons of stuff. Got home and realized it was all grey, black, and brown. I did get out with a muted purple sweater though...baby steps people.

7. My favorite color is green...whew, that was a hard one to admit. I hope people don't judge me too harshly (again....cabin fever  here)


And the 7 bloggers:
These are some blogs that I have been reading for awhile and love, and some that I have just recently started reading and am hooked. Some you may know and some you may not. Either way they are all amazing blogs and bloggers.

Jade @ Flip Flops and Pearls Design
Andrea @ Andrea Reh
Paula @ Two Ellie
Emily @ Senseless Sophistication
Anita @ A Dreamer's Den
Capella @ A Curated Lifestyle
Kate @ Centsational Girl


So that's it. Hope you learned a bit about me and if anything got some new blogs to look at. Thanks Again Sherry! Hope everyone is having a great week. As you can tell from my unhinged state above we are trapped at home because of ice and I can't wait to get out!
Related Posts with Thumbnails