Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adding Life To Your Space

Wanna add some life to your space? The best way to go about this is to actually add something living! And by this I mean live plants.


I know, I know, some of you may be thinking....but I kill plants! Well, there are tons of easy and indestructible plants that are hard to kill, and if you do happen to still kill those, you can always get another one! Just don't give in and use fake plants!!!! Doing a little research on your area and also plants that are low maintenance is easy and just look how it adds that extra something to these rooms.....




As I was taking a look around our house earlier I noticed that we don't have enough life in here. We only have one plant in the dining room and that's it. So, to add some more life during this dreary time when even the green outside is lacking I am going to add some plants through the rest of the house (just a few...I don't want to live in a jungle!). I'm thinking a small fern would be great in our dark living room and maybe a succulent would add some life in the kitchen and guest bathroom. That should do it...just a few small plants to add to our large one in the dining room.


How about you...Do you like plants in your home? Have you noticed them adding a little something extra to your space?







Images: Jessica Helgerson, Paul Costello Photography, Mark Burstyn Photography, Markham Roberts, Tommy Smythe
Related Posts with Thumbnails