Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Counting Down

Today is December 1st. The first day of the Christmas Holidays. Well for me at least. I don't know if I can say that about everyone (like my husband who really wanted to start playing Christmas music last week).


When I was growing up my parents would always present my sister and I with an advent calendar to count down the days till Christmas. Starting on Dec 1st we would open a new door each day to find a small chocolate treat waiting for us. Now, I know all about Advent and the fact that it may not necessarily start on the 1st, but that's when we always started ours for the sake of counting down with the days till Christmas Eve.

I just remembered all this the other day and wished I would have thought of it earlier. What a great way to count down the days even as a grown up. I love the one shown above from La Maison Du Chocolat. Nothing would make the days go faster than a french chocolate treat at the end of the day. Isn't that what one wanted as a kid.....Christmas to be here tomorrow?

Did anyone else have this tradition when they were growing up? Still doing it yourself or with your children?
Related Posts with Thumbnails