Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Week Flies By

I can't believe its already Friday again! Where did this week go?

Sorry I have been MIA this week. There has definitely been lots of action! We have some major deadlines at work so all of my time (and lots of overtime) has been devoted to the cause. I so wish I could share all of my day job work with you but alas, confidentiality agreements are in play. You would be surprised how hush hush projects are when they are getting started.....sometimes I feel like a design spy or something. Ha ha...that may actually be fun!


I do however have the above photo to share. This is one of the first projects that I worked on at my current job. It's the master bath for a small suite in a hotel. I reworked the entire footprint, selected materials, and detailed the whole thing. I was going to remove the orchids from the bath water in photoshop (promotional photo) but I really didn't have time. For some reason they bother me. This was the first project where I did complete design start to finish. All the concept work, drawings, and many many months of on-site visits to work issues out with the contractor and client and make sure everything was working as planned. Let's just say that bathtub moved around quite a bit because of structural joists underneath. I wish I had better photos of the vanity and all the millwork. Maybe I can dig up some old progress photos at some point.

I was so excited to come across the photos of this project earlier this week. It really brought back memories!




No weekend plans here.....just some much needed relaxation, and maybe some office organization thrown in. Have a great one!



Images: New Orleans Marriott Metairie
Related Posts with Thumbnails