Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Inspired to Work {The Office}

I have been really honing in on what needs to happen with our home office. Primarily because it will be the new headquarters for Lissa Pierce Interior Design.

As I sift through all the fabulous ideas for stylish design offices I have come up with some that are definitely going to make there way into the plan for mine.



Inspiration board
I already use a bulletin board to pin things on both at home and at work. Unfortunately they are just that....bulletin boards. I would like to spiff mine up a bit like these three ladies did.




Large Desk
I have a large antique white desk on the way (actually a trade agreement between my sister and I) which has all the desk space I need. I may also do some type of console behind the desk as well because I am a piler.....I have stacks of stuff everywhere so keeping them on the console would keep the desk clean.


Storage
We already have a built in set of shelves in the room, but since we already have that maxed out due to lack of storage in the rest of the house, I will most likely have to get more shelving. I have my eye on the Ikea Expedit for now. I think that will provide a lot more storage for business stuff.




Comfortable Chair
Of course I have my wish list (eames management, aeron), but these are just not in the budget at the moment. Good thing they have knock offs.


The Finishing Touches
These I am not sure of yet. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect rug, desk lamp, and curtains. I am sure these will just fall into place. So, unfortunately you will have to wait to see the final space reveal for those.

I am very motivated to get this space done so I have an inspiring place to work. And I need to start getting all this business stuff organized. So, stay tuned, completed pics should be up soon!






Images: Bryn Alexandra, Urban Grace Interiors, FTRB, Design Sponge, Design Sponge, Design Sponge, Notebook Magazine, Emily A. Clark, Design Sponge, Suzanne Kasler, Emily Henderson, Celerie Kembel, Mary McDonald, Ted Yarwood,
Related Posts with Thumbnails