Monday, October 18, 2010

Hand In Hand

Our house is in dire need of some extreme organization! This past weekend as I surveyed all of our belongings I was overwhelmed by all that was there. We just have stuff everywhere and all we do is shift everything around so that it is not seen when we have guests over.


We have too many clothes, too many nick knacks, too many magazines, and too much of everything else. And, to make matters worse, the storage in this house is non-existent. So, some very creative storage ideas are in order.


We need some systems in place that will help us "have a place for everything, and everything in it's place"! I have been wanting this for a long time but have procrastinated because of the overwhelming thought of a project like that. I know we need a professional organizer to come in but I don't think I can swing the cost at the moment. Then again I think waiting might cost us more in the long run!


It also comes down to the fact that I want our home to look good as well. It's hard for it to look good with stuff everywhere all the time. I would have to say that organization and design go hand in hand. It is very much related to design and the feeling of the spaces that surround you. You can have the most gorgeous furniture but without everything visually organized you will never see it. Or, having a gorgeous bedroom where the closet is unorganized so clothes are strewn everywhere.


So, I am putting a short hold on all of my dream home projects so that we can get ourselves organized! It's really the best thing and biggest transformation we can achieve. Once that happens we can then make all the design projects happen.


How about you? Do you find it hard to stay organized? I hope I'm not the only one. Do you make sure a space is organized before you work on the design? or the other way around?





Images: Unknown, Tartelette, Country Living, House Beautiful
Related Posts with Thumbnails