Thursday, September 2, 2010

{Wire} A Rediscovery

I have been seeing lots of cool wire accessories and furniture lately while searching for things for some projects I am working on .....

Crate & Barrel - Peacock Bowl


CB2 - Blackbird


Ballard Designs - Spiral Weave Wire Tote


Wisteria - Baluster Outline Lamp

I am loving them!!!

Then, when I was flipping through the September issue of Real Simple, they had a page devoted to unexpected wire objects.....

Terrain - French Wire Mirror


Jayson Home & Garden - Boucle Wire Shop Baskets


CB2 - Reed Chair


Conran Shop - Volier Table Lamp


So I thought...hmmmn. And kept looking......



Terrain - Steel Wire Chair


Terrain - Ujala Lamp


All Modern - Alessi Nuvem Bowl


Pottery Barn - French Wire Tea Lights


Maybe I'm behind and there is nothing new about this recent resurgence of wire use, but I love the look. Slightly rustic on some things and then clean and airy on others. My favorite is definitely the lamps (though I would take the birds off of the Conran lamp) and I think they would make a great addition to any room all while not taking up visual space!

Wire has been around for quite awhile when you think of the classic furniture designers using it for their collections. Like Eames and Platner.
DWR - Eames Wire Chair


DWR- Platner Dining Table


So, there's nothing new when it comes to using wire for furniture and other home goods. But, don't you just love it when you rediscover something that inspires you and to use that inspiration in new ways!

Anyone else loving the wire look? Have you also re-found something recently that has been inspiring again? I would love to hear about it if only to get inspired by that as well!


Images: From Vendors as Listed Above
Related Posts with Thumbnails