Friday, July 9, 2010

Designer Profile: Roman and Williams

I have always been a fan of the design team of Roman and Williams.

I have seen many of their hotel and restaurant spaces while searching for inspiration on my projects.

Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch of Roman and Williams at home

Their aesthetic is always dark and mysterious to me but they still have that ability to keep a crisp air about all their spaces. As I mentioned above I have mainly come across their work in hotel design such as the  Royalton Hotel and the Ace Hotel, both in NYC.
They always know how to create the perfect balance of drama and comfort.

Ace Hotel Lobby

Ace Hotel - Breslin Restaurant

Royalton Hotel

Royalton Hotel

Royalton Hotel - Brasserie 44 Restaurant

Royalton Hotel

Recently though while combing through their past work I came across a condominium project they completed back in 2007.

157 Chambers Street  hit me like a Mac Truck.


I can't get over how much I love the whole look of the space and how I could move in tomorrow.....if I happen to win the lottery that is.


This space is even the perfect mix of my husband and I. Masculine, yet still light and airy with a few surprises here and there.

Like the bedroom chandelier......the hubs would hate it but would give in because he would be happy looking at everything else. Ha.




I can't get enough. I keep looking and re-looking at all of the images and trying to see what I can incorporate into our home.....complete overhaul????.......Nope. Move to a loft.

But.........since that is not in the cards anytime soon, I guess looking at these pictures will have to do.





Related Posts with Thumbnails