Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Is Upon Us {A Porch Makeover}

Down here in Atlanta summer has officially arrived. Even as I type this our next door neighbors are cutting their grass and planting the pots on their front porch. I have started to get things planted and have done all of the herb pots right outside of the kitchen door.

Now all I can think about is our front porch. We have a great front porch but it is definitely missing some life.



Yeah, lackluster........It needs some major help.

We love to entertain and most of the time the party will filter out to the front porch. I want the porch to be an extension of the front rooms of the house and also provide a bit of curb appeal.
Here is what I have in mind......
Front Porch


Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



These are all pieces that I would like to add to what we already have. A new area rug for under the seating group.....A decorative bench to add to the round dining table for extra seating (kinda like a banquette)......some sheer drapes between the columns......and some new pots, pillows, and other accessories.
It will probably take the better part of the summer for me to complete...hopefully.....but I will post the results along the way.



Images: Me
Related Posts with Thumbnails