Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pop of Yellow


Something is so cheerful about a small pop of yellow in a space. It's bright and welcoming and always lifts the space to a whole new level (like green but that's a whole other post).

Lately I have been walking around my house feeling like there is something missing. Hmm...Maybe that I have no color in my house? Everything feels dark?

My home is very monochromatic and bland (think brown and rust) so I have decided to inject some color into it......I plan to start with a pop of yellow here and there. I always gravitate towards yellow flowers when I buy them and they always seem to do the trick so why not add something slightly more permanent. Here are a few inspiration shots that got me thinking......

Love, Love, Love  Tolix Chairs

This will definitely be in my guest bedroom

Just a touch, love the contrast on the grey wall

Definitely will add yellow lamps somewhere

Really Like this Art

Of course outside too...and having a porch like this would be amazing

I'll take some pics of the before and after at some point. Yellow is going to be my new color to add some pizazz to my tired house. Do you have a color that adds pizazz to your home?



Images: A Country FarmhouseDesign Sponge, Dwell Studio, Elle Decor, Kathryn Macdonald Photography, Western Interiors, Coastal Living
Related Posts with Thumbnails