Monday, June 21, 2010

{Christopher Guy}

I was doing a hunt recently for a couple of accent furniture pieces for a project I am working on and decided to take a look at Christopher Guy. It has been awhile since I looked through their catalog but when I was clicking around I wondered why I stayed away so long.......







I found so many pieces with amazing lines!



There is a strong lean towards the Hollywood Regency style and a bit of a theatrical sense, but the pieces feel like sophisticated art to me. They are so good at taking that typical chair and adding a bit of style......like the crossed back legs seen on many of the chairs.


We use alot of his pieces in hotels because they have the ability to add that special something through a piece of functional furniture. However, I could easily see them in my home adding that touch of the unexpected.
The collection also has amazing scale!
This mirror is 10 feet tall.

                                                   
It would make a great statement in a stairwell or even hung horizontally to cover an entire wall in a small room.
And this lamp is slightly over 5 feet tall. 


                                                     
It would be great filling up a dark corner.


There is a flagship showroom in Beverly Hills but retailers carry the collection all over the world. I highly recommend a stop by a local retailer to check out some of the pieces in person.
Especially the mirrors....



These are just a few of my favorite tidbits from the online catalog but there is tons more to see. Stop by the website and take a look for yourself.


All Images: Christopher Guy

Related Posts with Thumbnails